Open to firms regularly engaged in business providing services to the public as licensed customs brokers, licensed ocean freight forwarders, international air cargo agents, and non-vessel operating common carriers located within the limits of the United States, its possessions and territories.
To qualify for Regular membership, your company must hold at least one of the licenses or permits listed below. This license or permit must be in your company’s name (unless you are officially registered as a Sole Proprietor).
- Broker License Number
- FMC License Number
- CNS/IATA Registration Number
- FMC Bond Number
- TSA – IAC Number
Each Regular Member firm has one vote in Association matters. This encompasses the firm's branches, affiliates, subsidiaries or related companies
Regular Member Benefits
It's the NCBFAA's goal to keep our members aware and informed of the latest regulatory changes coming out of Washington. Through our various conferences, NEI offerings, and news updates, we do just that.
The NCBFAA has invested much of its own time and resources to develop the tools your company needs to succeed in the transportation logistics industry. NCBFAA committees and officers have had a significant impact on regulatory and legislative decisions that have saved the industry, and inevitably your business, thousands of dollars in day-to-day and future operating costs.
- Conference Registration Discounts: Members save an average of 25 percent on registration costs
- Exhibitor Discounts: NCBFAA members save more than 20 percent on their Exhibitor Booth registration compared to non-members
- NCBFAA Shippers Association: NCBFAA members can join and utilize the Shippers Association services to save money on contracts
- Free access to numerous industry resources developed by the NCBFAA exclusively for our members. Our most popular and convenient include:
- Monday Morning eBriefing: NCBFAA’s Monday Morning eBriefing (MMeB) is a weekly publication sent exclusively to NCBFAA Associate members informing them of the latest news and developments in the industry coming out of Washington from the Association and the Hill.
- NCBFAA Blasts: Frequent email updates from the NCBFAA on newsworthy trade alerts.
- Educational Institute (NEI) Discounts: NCBFAA members save more than 30 percent on webinars
- Other interactive tools to assist you and your company with various activities/ duties, clients, personal goals and corporate missions
网络 & Events
Every year, the NCBFAA hosts two conferences to further the education of our industry representatives. In addition to the benefits of attending these conferences, NCBFAA members can also enjoy registration discounts. The NCBFAA also encourages members to participate in any of our numerous board and committee meetings held throughout the year.
NCBFAA Board of Directors meetings are held quarterly in various cities around the U.S. and coincide with either of our large conferences. All regular members are invited and encouraged to attend Board Meetings.
Committee Meetings & Calls
There are approximately seven Committee conference calls held each month, and additional meetings held during NCBFAA conferences and board meetings. NCBFAA regular members are encouraged to volunteer for committees and attend conference calls.
NCBFAA members can enhance their company's credibility and visibility by belonging to the nation’s most respected trade industry association. By getting involved - join a committee - host a webinar (contact firstname.lastname@example.org) - attend networking events - members can become synonymous with the impact of the NCBFAA name.
With NCBFAA membership you can enjoy:
- Use of the official NCBFAA logo
- Committee participation
- Membership Directory Listing: Both online and in print
- Online Membership Directory Listing: One of the most popular facets of the NCBFAA website, the Online Membership Directory has quickly evolved into one of the industry’s easiest and most reliable means of finding and connecting with industry professionals. NCBFAA membership grants you a company listing in the online membership directory where you can list contact information and business specialties that can then be personalized with company logos.
- Full voting rights: Each regular member home office is granted one vote in NCBFAA matters and encouraged to participate.
- Host a Webinar: All NCBFAA regular members are invited to participate in the NCBFAA Educational Institute webinar program by presenting on an industry-related topic. Members who participate in this program are eligible to receive 25% of the value of the registrations booked for session they present. In addition to this incentive, your name will be promoted on the NCBFAA website, in the Monday Morning eBriefing, and throughout the NEI, providing you with the unique opportunity enhance your company's visibility in the industry. Contact email@example.com for further information.
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the NCBFAA represents nearly 1,000- member companies with 100,000 employees in international trade - the nation's leading freight forwarders, customs brokers, ocean transportation intermediaries (OTIs), NVOCCs and air cargo agents, serving more than 250,000 importers and exporters. Established in 1897 in New York, NCBFAA is the effective national voice of the industry. Through our various committees, counsel and representatives, the Association maintains a close watch and advocates for legislative and regulatory issues that affect its members.
The ever-changing landscape of the international trade industry may, at times, require business or legal guidance to navigate the intricacies of operating a successful business while meeting all compliance regulations. The NCBFAA legal counsel, committee members, and subject matter experts are all dedicated to understanding the minutiae of international trade and are available to any regular member who may be in need of guidance.
NCBFAA Membership Directory Listing: Print & Online
Dues are based on the number of employees directly involved in Broker/Forwarder Activities.
|# of Employees||Cost|
|1 - 7||$656|
|8 - 15||$84 per employee|
|16 - 47||$80 per employee|
|48 - 79||$79 per employee|
|80 - 83||$76 per employee|
$6169 + $47 per 100 employees for firms with 100 or more
Complete List of Regular Member Benefits
- Full Voting Rights
- Committee Participation
- Member Discounts on Conferences, Meetings & Seminar Events
- Discounted Advertising Opportunities
- Use of NCBFAA Terms and Conditions of Service
- Access to ABI updated and Federal Register news